Saturday, March 29, 2014

My Time In The Wilderness

There are endless wildernesses we face during our time here on Earth.   After listening to one of Pastor Stuart’s great messages, I’ve come to recognize that I am in another one of my wildernesses.   I believe God places us in these wildernesses when he really needs to get our attention.

Six months ago I left the church that saved my life and the pastor and Grace sisters who encourage me on my walk with Jesus.   For six months I’ve searched for a new church “home” and the company of fellow Christians.  No matter where I looked, I could not find what I was looking for.   I knew that God had a reason and a plan … that there was something He wanted me to know.

Over the last few months God has put many people on my path -- all of them non-believers or otherwise non-practicing Christians.   I’ve embraced all of them … I’ve witnessed, I’ve counselled, I’ve encouraged, and I’ve even stood tall and firm when the Devil has presented himself.    

Last night God put a person on my path that does not believe in the goodness, the mercy, the grace, and the love of God.   It drained me.   At the end of our time together I felt very empty and very alone.    I felt adrift in a sea of non-believers and I was aching for fellow believers who practiced prayer, praise, and witness.    I awoke this morning wanting, needing so badly to get to church and be among believers, but I realized I didn’t know of a church that would fill the bill.   

God kept talking to me all morning .. my daily devotional was right from God and as I sat meditating on it I realized that I had just what I needed at my fingertips!    Blue Ridge View and Pastor Stuart --- on my computer!    His talk was about “The Potential for Problems”.    As I sat listening and reading and taking notes I was embraced by just what I needed and will continue to need until the end of my days on Earth --- the WORD of God spoken by a person who is passionate about God and who helps me truly understand God’s Word.    

As I listened, with tears running down my face, I realized that I have been in a wilderness and I could begin to see at least a part of God’s plan.    He has put me here to help and witness to those who do not know Him but also to show me the power of Christian fellowship.    I know know what has been missing and I trust God that my days in this wilderness will come to an end.


No comments: