Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's Valentine's Day

I have been wondering what this day would be like.   Another of the seemingly endless “firsts”.   It’s now early evening and I’ve got to say, this was not a bad, or even a rough day.   

Did I think about my sweetheart.   
Most definitely.   

Did I miss wishing him a happy Valentine’s Day first thing this morning.  
Sure did.

Did I miss getting the sweet “For My Wife” valentine’s card that he would have picked out especially for me?
Oh, most definitely.

Did I miss his huge smile when he saw the hand-made Valentine’s Card I made for “my husband”.
But must definitely.

Did I miss MAKING a Valentine’s Day card filled with my love and thanks.
Oh, yes, most definitely.

Did I miss having our traditional, quiet dinner at Pixie & Bills? 
Oh, yes, definitely.

Did I miss his hugs and kisses.  
Oh, without a doubt, definitely.

I missed all these things today.   But I miss these things every day.   Valentine’s Day, to me, is a day set aside for openly expressing and demonstrating your love for those near and dear to you.   It’s a day of love and, of course, chocolates.   

I tend to be pretty outgoing with my hugs and telling people I love them.   On Valentine’s Day I take the liberty of spreading my love around even more!  I wished everyone I ran into a happy Valentine’s Day …. Sandy at the Post Office, a sweet young girl at Ingles, the cranky guy at the dump -- they all got and gave big ole Valentine’s Day smiles!    

What a lovely day.....it’s almost like Christmas --- everyone is more than willing to outwardly express love on February 14th --- too bad we can’t do that every day.   What a much more pleasant world this would be!

So, of all the “firsts” I’ve been experiencing, Valentine’s Day is one of the easiest so far.   I’ll take it!    


I received this Valentine from my grace sister, Sharon …. and I just have to pass it along.   

For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will.          Ephesians 1:4

We are so, so loved!


HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY, My Friends!

3 comments:

cck said...

Happy Valentine's Day, AC! I'll always be your valentine, and you'll always be mine. xoxo

Cathy McCormick said...

You got that right, my sweetie pie!

Sharon Hawkins said...

Cathy, You have such a positive outlook during what I know is such a difficult time for you. I know your Len is so proud of you and how you are honoring your love for him by sharing about it to lift up other people. I know God is pleased too with your sharing His awesome love with all the folks you meet. You are such a blessing! Love ya!